Guest Blog Posts
- Personal Brand: What Is It and Why Is It Important? (engineeringmanagementinstitute.org)
- Your Ears Are Your Strongest Resolution and Negotiation Weapons (engineeringmanagementinstitute.org)
- Blow the Industry-Standard Hit Rates Out of the Water! (smpsphiladelphia.org)
- Communicating Process Is a Powerful Differentiator (engineeringmanagementinstitute.org)
“The title of Gabe Lett’s new book is spot-on. We’ve seen too many manuscripts stuffed with platitudes and philosophies. This book, however, truly is THE guidebook for success and distinction for A/E/C professionals! It is chock-full of real-world, practical, actionable strategies. Read it...and prosper from the iconic insights that Gabe delivers so remarkably.”
– Scott McKain, www.scottmckain.com, Author of The Collapse of Distinction: Stand Out and Move Up While Your Competition Fails.
“Gabe Lett, in his new book, "The AEC Professional’s Guidebook: 70 Lessons to a Stronger Career,” lays out practically everything anyone would need to know to become a more successful marketing professional working in an AEC firm today. Every AEC marketer should read it. I also think many of those who own and manage AEC firms could benefit from the content and logical thought process Gabe lays out in his book. They, too, need to understand the fundamentals of marketing and business development, content marketing, how to communicate better, and how to become better leaders of marketing and better leaders of their firms.
I like Gabe’s writing style. It is clear, coherent…and thankfully devoid of the cliches and buzz terms that would set off the BS detectors of any sensible marketer or design professional today.”
- Mark C. Zweig, Founder & Chairman, Zweig Group
“In the world of building stuff, we always need fresh perspectives and wisdom outside ourselves to keep our businesses thriving. In particular, most AEC companies are led by technical professionals who do the work. As such, we need to listen to voices outside our realms of expertise to sharpen our leadership and guide us in building our businesses. Gabe Lett has given us seventy lessons to do just that. When it comes to building a stronger career, Gabe has written and compiled a robust guidebook. I strongly encourage anyone working in the AEC industry to put these lessons into practice. If you do, your career will grow and your business will improve.”
– Craig Galati, FAIA, FSMPS, CPSM, Principal at LGA Architecture, Author of The Reluctant Leader
"Gabe does a brilliant job synthesizing a wide array of knowledge into a book that is rich with critical insights and valuable lessons. His lessons are crisp, clear, and immediately actionable. A worthy investment for any AEC professional."
- JonRobert Tartaglione, Founder and CEO, Influence 51, Author of The Neuropsychology of Influence and Decision-Making
“So many times, effective and impactful change begins as with timely reminder. In The AEC Professionals Guidebook: 70 Lessons to a Stronger Career, Gabe Lett shares best marketing practices in a clear, concise voice that easily resonates with A/E/C marketers and technically trained colleagues alike. Born from his own journey to improve his team’s skills, Gabe provides thoughtful and impactful lessons that will benefit your firm and your career. Read it, highlight and mark pages, and refer to it often!”
– Donna Corlew, FSMPS, CPSM, Chief Whatever It Takes Officer, C*Connect, Weld Coxe Marketing Achievement Award (2019)
“I don't think it's an exaggeration to say Gabe Lett's The AEC Professional’s Guidebook: 70 Lessons to a Stronger Career is a modern-day marketing bible for marketing, business development, and technical professionals. There is no shortage of books about marketing, sales, leadership, professional development, project management, and effective writing but, like the Bible, this book encapsulates all of them, plus 70 relevant lessons, into one easy-to-use reference tool for AEC professionals at all levels of their career. Every firm should buy a copy for each member of their professional staff and compare 'Gabe's way' to their internal processes. I encourage every reader to follow Gabe's lead and use his book to help build others up.”
– Carla Thompson, FSMPS, CPSM, Senior Marketing Consultant, Elevate Marketing Advisors, Weld Coxe Marketing Achievement Award (2018)
“The content is accessible and relevant to the seller-doer. The book provides practical ways the reader can take action to improve their communication skills in general, and build relationships with clients. As a marketer, I appreciate the bridge it builds between marketing and technical staff. It clearly shows the ways that seller-doers can contribute to effective marketing and business development as well as demonstrating the value it brings to the firm. I can see this often being returned to as a reference.”
- Nicole McGrath-Patti, CPSM, Marketing Manager, Larson Engineering, Inc.